I am just popping in to say that I am in Queenstown and enjoying this beautiful mountain encompassed beach town. Jeannette and I have had a very full four days from Wellington to here. We visited Milford Sound via bus and boat and enjoyed some mince pies. Yesterdfay made for a 22 hour day after our travels, we joined some other hostelers out on the town last night. Today, we glady slept in and then decided to get from crip, fresh air by hiking up the Tiki Trail. Instead of spending $25 on the gondola ride we walked it instead, which reminded me of how much hiking I hope to do during my stint here. After enjoying the view of the Remarkables ( the mountain range) we enjoyed a short black (more coffee.) Tomorrow we are headed off to Wanka for more gorgeous scenery and then off to glacier climbing and by the end of the week, Christchurch. I will try to post pictures (on facebook) soon, but internet cost$ money. :)
In other news, I misplaced my wallet at the Wellington airport and it was recovered after 24 hours with EVERYTHING in tact! This astounds me, as I cannot imagine still having my credit cards and $200 cash if this had happened in about a million other international airports around the world. First impressions: Kiwi people are amazing, kind, laid back and adventure lovers. So far so good!
No comments:
Post a Comment